Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Kudos to AVguy.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 pm 

I was interested in an item AVguy had listed. So had a chat with him and
he determined that it would not be of benefit to me. How cool is that when
someone goes out of their way to tell you you don't need something they're selling?
He's one of the good guys, thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Kudos to AVguy.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:08 am 

Ken has been extremely helpful to me with advice and very approachable. I had a very similar experience with him just recently. I thought I needed a new Audio Aero remote and as I suspected, he could supply me with one. However, he emailed me and suggested a few things to check on the old unit first. Turns out that I had overlooked something, and the remote I had was fine. He is very thoughtful and has taken the time to answer questions not related to his selling something. Great guy. Mike C.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:22 am 

That should be his job. If he's a business seller and in good standing with CCRA, that is. Otherwise, how awfully nice of him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:30 am 

meraklya wrote:
That should be his job. If he's a business seller and in good standing with CCRA, that is. Otherwise, how awfully nice of him.

I don't agree, AVguy did not HAVE to go out of his way for Neil, it was very very nice of him to HELP Neil save some money, it is extremely rare to see a seller act this way, it is also very nice of Neil to mention such a nice gesture, KUDOS both ways.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 am 

Some great people on this site...very cool!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 am 

Ken is super guy to deal with and has a passion for this stuff, I can't say enough!

I bought up some ASL amps he was selling, four of them, a few years ago and he strongly recommended I just get the pair of AQ1006's, given what I was driving. They had been sensibly modified too and offered great value. He was right all along, though I have no regrets getting the other two amps either, I was on a bit of a tear back then...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:22 am 
Premium User

Please, I'm blushing! :oops:

I have been involved with High End gear for almost 25 years now, and a lot of it has passed through my home...things that I owned or have sold for other people. I have also worked with my friends in the Audio business, helping at the Audio shows in Las Vegas, Chicago, San Francisco, Montreal and Toronto. I have been able to work with a lot of different equipment and systems.
Meraklya, I'm not a dealer, but I do sell a lot of gear for other people (including CAM members) who have neither the time nor inclination to sell on the Internet and deal with all the emails, questions and shipping hassles.
Experience has informed me what things can work well together and what combinations are not so good.
I often talk to people I'm selling-to on the phone as well as answer emails, and I often ask them what other equipment they are going to use with the item I'm selling. I'm not a dealer, and even though I'm trying to sell this stuff, I feel an obligation to help people out. Why sell them something that won't work well in their system, or is of no improvement, just to have them feel bad about me selling it to them?
I have directed people to buy something else advertised on CAM by other sellers, if it's what they really need. People appreciate that and know that I'm being honest...and I'm likely to deal with them in the future because they know they can come to me for an honest opinion....or if I don't know I just say so.
People have heard-of and come to me from word-of-mouth, and I really like when that happens. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:00 am 
Premium User

He is 'THE BEST'!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 am 

Going on my hotlist!!
Holy s&!t that a lot a items for my hotlist!
Always good to know someone is honest. I've not purchased amps from a dealer/manufacturer because they were misrepresenting where an item was built. Amps sounded good but I don't want to contribute to a person like that's financial success. Funny thing is the amps I did buy were from china, but I got a good vibe from the guy selling them.

Last edited by analogluvr on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:22 am 

AVguy wrote:
I have directed people to buy something else advertised on CAM by other sellers, if it's what they really need. People appreciate that and know that I'm being honest...and I'm likely to deal with them in the future because they know they can come to me for an honest opinion....or if I don't know I just say so.
People have heard-of and come to me from word-of-mouth, and I really like when that happens. 8)

Reminds me of the 'Miracle on the 34th Street' :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:15 am 

All the positive feedback speaks volumes

Well done AVguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 am 

That is nice for you guys but I disagree. I found AVGuy overpriced and unresponsive in my experience dealing with him.
That is a based on emailing with him about a year ago for some Bryston monoblocks he was trying to sell last year.Anyway it turned out for the better for me because I found a better amp for a better price.
George

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:45 am 

Yiorgos wrote:
That is nice for you guys but I disagree. I found AVGuy overpriced and unresponsive in my experience dealing with him.
That is a based on emailing with him about a year ago for some Bryston monoblocks he was trying to sell last year.Anyway it turned out for the better for me because I found a better amp for a better price.
George

You can please most of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

I always try to treat anyone who purchases from me in the exact same manner that I would want to be treated. I often go the extra mile with accommodation of some sort, with communication, with timely shipping, with pricing, you name it, basically anything I can within reason, but there are always going to be some people who, no matter how hard I may try or how rarely I may mess up, that are going to call you on it regardless, or find some issue to complain about.

This is not intended to be a reflection on the quoted post directly. It's jus that the quoted poster reminded me of this fact.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 am 

good sound wrote:
Yiorgos wrote:
George

You can please most of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

I always try to treat anyone who purchases from me in the exact same manner that I would want to be treated. I often go the extra mile with accommodation of some sort, with communication, with timely shipping, with pricing, you name it, basically anything I can within reason, but there are always going to be some people who, no matter how hard I may try or how rarely I may mess up, that are going to call you on it regardless, or find some issue to complain about.

This is not intended to be a reflection on the quoted post directly. It's jus that the quoted poster reminded me of this fact.

Yes very true with some people what you see is what you get, that's the way i like it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:19 pm 

MrAcoustat wrote:
good sound wrote:
Yiorgos wrote:
George

Yes very true with some people what you see is what you get, that's the way i like it. :)

Yes I agree with your comments and it sounds like you had some discomfort in your dealings with others.
However please don't try to place me in that category,because I always try to be very helpful to others too.
With over 110 audio transactions mainly in Audiogon but also Canuck,Audio Asylum ,Ebay,Kijiji and Craigslist. I think I can judge for myself .
Now I only expressed my opinion based on my experience at the time ,people go through mood swings,sometimes up sometimes down,who knows maybe at the time HE was in not such a happy generous mood.
Anyway the Bryston amps were up and for sale for a long time and eventually they were probably sold.
I found something better and never looked back.
All its good no hard feelings,no ill wishing.
Best
George