OFF - FOR SALE: Customized Thorens TD-165 "Canadian" Theme Turntable
Item #649449110Info: Customized Thorens TD-165 "Canadian" Theme Turntable
|Days in System:||90|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as OFF by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Item as shown in the images and video link.
This item is cross posted on other sites. Some older photos are shown that I have been unable to delete or re-order after further modifications/improvements.
Here is what I have done to her thus far:
- Installed a brand new genuine Thorens belt.
- Replaced original frayed RCA Jacks with quality new ones.
- Cleaned and lubricated the famous high tolerance bearing with fresh oil
- Re-finished the gnarled top plate myself with a stylized hydro-dipped Canadian flag motif and then clear coated for long term protection - Yes, I do realize the table is German (not Swiss as some have incorrectly pointed out) - I can't help being a Patriot
- Completely tuned up the suspension to get that famous Thorens suspension table "pistonic bounce". See my Youtube channel on how that was done.
- replaced the tired flimsy old bottom board with a dense 1/2" thick mdf board cut to measure and painted black to tighten up the plinth like it should have been done in the first place.
- added a fancy chromed stabilizer weight to keep the platter spinning true (note that it is currently tuned with the weight. If you prefer not to use a stabilizer weight (a lot do) it can be easily tuned without the weight depending on the buyers preference
- Custom 3D original Thorens logo on the front that I modeled and made myself with a 3D printer to give it that "Wow" factor.
- Custom red 45 adapter (again modeled and made myself) to go with the motif made to the same specs as the original blah tan coloured one (if you prefer the original tan one we can swap the adapters out for you - coloured one pops though!).
- Custom 33, 45, 0 speed labels and tonearm raised and lowered labels for the top plate
- Custom non-pivoting removable dust cover with discreet Thorens Label on top (note that with this dust cover you no longer have an acoustic sail hanging over your turntable to collect all the vibrations in the room air and translate them down to your turntable. Ever wonder why uber high-end turntables rarely have dust covers affixed to them directly?
- Skookum turntable isolation feet in black metal that just breathes class and utility
- Grado GT Tan cart/stylus in great shape just to get you started (high res digital microscope images available upon request). I fully expect that anyone buying a table of this caliber would replace with a cart of their preference or means.
- an original Thorens Headshell included with the above, I will be including a second custom headshell of my own design to enable the use of a second cart - Ortofon installed to show that it functions perfectly. See this video on how it was made: https://youtu.be/qg6DBWGWaEU
- custom red top plate screw covers (can be reverted to black)
- Added a custon PhatMatz flag platter mat for high cool factor! Original platter mat is also included (in great condition)
Tonearm and Platter Bearings are all true and motor runs smooth and quiet. This is a great sounding table.
Description Video: https://youtu.be/ce3YsmhBZB
Here is the sound check video:
Very interesting trades may be considered.
Much prefer local sale as delicate instruments don't travel well and I would rather show the table and do sound checks in person so that the buyer is fully satisfied with what they are getting. A house call after purchase depending on where is not out of the question...
Similar items you might be interested in
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!