I build 2 styles of this board. One with the NOS transistors, and one with new style TO-220 transistors. These WILL fit the 5000 also.... I have a set in my Sansui 5000 rocking right now.
THIS IS FOR A PAIR OF BOARDS which I just built and tested. I ship quick too.
THIS IS FOR A PAIR OF BOARDS
THIS IS FOR A PAIR OF BOARDS
One for the left channel, and one for the right channel.
Installation IS Available if you are not versed in Sansui's procedure as written in their Service Bulletin
This was done in CAD and it was a serious project as the schematic is incorrect (for the 6013 boards) and I had to find an original set of F-6013 boards to ensure the layout was correct. If I had any hair, I would have pulled most of it out :) They don't come available very often so this project sat for a few months while I scored a set.
The schematic has several errors and would have caused issues had I used just that. I had to do Point-to-Point with the meter and it took many many hours.
YOU MUST USE THE ORIGINAL L-BRACKETS WHICH ARE USED TO MOUNT THE BOARDS INTO THE RECEIVER. An industrious person COULD go to the hardware store (Ace is the place) and find something that will work if you don't have the originals. There is nothing special about them, just small angle brackets with 2 small holes drilled into them. The holes are in the boards already so a couple of small screws and nuts for securing them to the board, and a couple little screws (probably metric) to mount it to the chassis.
I will be including a copy of the Service Bulletin which shows how to do the upgrade. I also will be including instructions/pictures showing where the wires connect to the new boards. Please don't attempt this upgrade to you receiver if you don't have any experience using a meter and a schematic. It is not that difficult but if you get the wires in the wrong spot, you will let the smoke out of some components. I suggest rewiring the Outputs and get rid of the crappy wiring that is on the back end of the amp. They used too much solder, the wire is the cheapest you could buy, and there is a fair amount of flux which should be cleaned up. In the end, you'll have a neat looking job and will be easier to route and solder using new wire. If you want me to do your upgrade, I can do that too but if there is anything else wrong with the receiver, it can get expensive quick. I also have State of the Art Test Equipment so testing it when completed will come with the upgrade. It probably wouldn't hurt to put new output transistors in while yer at it. You can find them and there are subs which will work with a little surfing of the net. I have a few of these board sets available and hunting down NOS transistors for them was expensive. I used modern 1/2 watt resistors (many are 1%) as I do not like the original Carbon Comp's. All caps are excellent name brand Audio caps WIMA, SILMIC II's, Panasonic and Nichicon... etc) and should outlive US. As a side note, while playing with these original F-6013 boards, I checked some of the resistors and some had drifted quite a bit.... There are a couple 6.8 ohm resistors and they had drifted up 3 ohms... Using my Navy Math (I'm retired Navy), that's like 7000% :)
Remember, if you open them and start soldering and wiring, they are yours. I don't know your capabilities and mistakes are easy to make.
Please ask questions, I will answer pretty quick. Thanks for reading my babble....
This ad was originally posted on US Audio Mart and the seller ships to the United States, and Canada.