Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
* * * I've been collecting vintage stereos for a long time, so trades (local only, Ottawa area) will be considered * * *
THE BIG ONE; MADE IN JAPAN
LOOKS, WORKS AND SOUNDS LIKE NEW
Heavyweight Onkyo, second best from the Top-Of-The-Line TX-108 Model
They share same manuals, exact same design, only TX-108 has bigger transformers.
Onkyo named this Tuner Amplifier :
Big, heavy, lots of drive, lots of dynamics, subtly sweet, impressive finesse for a receiver;
Sounds almost as good as separate components
This is complete retail package (very hard to find like this):
Comes complete with original Onkyo remote, original manual, original antenna,
original Box with plastic bags and styrofoam inserts.
Complete 2-hour maintenance service done 02/2018:
Cleaned and detailed in and out;
all controls, potentiometers and connectors deoxidized/lubed, as appropriate,
bias voltages for both channels adjusted for perfect sound and rock solid performance;
cold solder joints re-flowed with fresh solder;
all controls move without static or noises;
sound is rock solid and crystal clear.
MSRP: US $700 = CAD $949 in 1988 = CAD $1796 in 2018, per Bank of Canada inflation calculator
This means such a machine would cost approximately 1800 loonies if made today.
If you think technology has changed, think real hard again, they still use non-switching amps
of this type in about half of new amps, only the build usually is not as good (not Japanese).
* DC power amplifier
* Delta Power Supply (similar to class G)
* Dual transformer design; one of them in-Phase
* Real Phase Circuitry (zero phase shift)
for unprecedented degree of realistic imaging and
low range definition, similar to using active speakers
* All-discrete premium Sanken 2SC2837/2SA1186 output transistors
* Big 15,000 x 2 Nichicon filter caps
* Video circuitry done independently from Audio circuits
* Fuse and relay speaker and circuit protection
* 80 WPC RMS (into 8 Ohms, 20-20)
* Label: 500 VA
* 20 - 30,000 Hz
* THD: 0.025%
* Damping factor: 50
* 45 x 14.7 x 46 cm at 12.5 KG
* Speakers A,B, A+B, Off 4~16 Ohms
* Headphones jack
* FM, AM, Phono MM, CD, Tape 1/Aux1, Tape2/Aux2, VCR-1/Aux3, VCR2/Aux4, Tape DIN
* Dynamic Bass Expander Variable Level (NOT loudness; it's special expander/EQ, makes lots of difference)
* Dynamic Bass expander level switch on/Off
* Simulated Stereo switch (also makes quite a difference, it's done right in this model)
* Audio muting
* Stereo/Mono switch
* Loudness switch
* Bass, Treble
* 16 tuner pre-sets, with battery-free memory backup
* FM mute
* Tuning Level
* Tuning Mode: Auto, Manual
* Video Connections: composite
* Lighted controls including lighted volume control
* Main Power switch
* System Power switch
* 3 power outlets
* Key Touch Tone: On/Off
Quotes (Google search):
"1988. Among receivers, top honors went to the NAD 7151 ($798), the Harman-Kardon hk795i ($750) and the Onkyo TX-88 ($700).
In each instance, the award was accompanied by a brief summary of the particular design factors that prompted the decision."
"The Onkyo Integra TX-88 is one of the first remote-capable stereo receivers,
and it’s also considered one of the best that Onkyo ever produced.
It dates from a time (late 80s) when the Integra badge actually stood for something."
Conditions of sale for all my stereos:
This Onkyo is offered to local Ottawa area buyers.
I will test for the buyer for as long as the buyer wishes.
Can also be shipped at buyer's risk and expense, packed with styrofoam/PP foam, insured and tracked, via Canada Post.
In Canada, I only take cash or Interac e-transfer.
From the States, WU, money wire, or USPS International money order (add 3.45% to interbank USD/CAD exchange rate shown by Google) are also possible.
These are used electronics, so once sold, no warranty, no returns.
I record a video showing how it works before I ship, and take the pictures of the box.
For local buyer, exchanges are possible for something else I have listed, at my discretion, if still in the same condition.
SERIOUS BUYER ONLY - SEND PHONE# WHEN READY TO BUY
See my other ads - Thank you!