SOLD - FOR SALE: DNA Stellaris
Item #649407598Info: DNA Stellaris
|Days in System:||28|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
I am selling my DNA Stellairs because I just don't listen much anymore. It is sitting off far too often. It is a single ended amp. The current wait for this amp is about 2 years. I am the original owner, bought directly from Donald, and the amp lives in a smoke free home.
The serial number is 2. I'm asking $8000CAD or $6400USD (which is about the same). List is $6700USD, plus $400 in shipping costs, plus Canadian duty which comes to just shy of $10,000 cad.
The amp is is MINT condition and it comes with the stock tubes only, with less than 25 hours on them.
• 2 pairs unbalanced RCA inputs
• Purist class A single ended triode design
• Output transformers custom made to DNA's specifications in England by Audio Note UK
• Flat and extended frequency response with very low distortion
• Zero feedback or other error correction trickery
Triodes are naturally low distortion when operated into a high impedance load such as a transformer with proper specifications. They do not require feedback to attain low distortion.
• Point-to-point hand wired audio circuitry using carefully selected audiophile components
• Quasi-dual mono power supply with separate filter chokes and capacitors for left and right channels
• Dual 3-pin & 4-pin XLR and 1/4" stereo TRS outputs
• All XLR and 1/4" TRS outputs provide the same power: 1.8W into 50 ohms, 900mW into 100 ohms
• 4-pin XLR output can be used with all headphones - not just the K1000 only. I labeled it "K1000" in honor of the legendary headphone which was the inspiration for developing the Stratus.
• XLR outputs are selectable between unbalanced (single ended) and balanced headphone drive
• XLR outputs have 8 ohm output impedance
• 1/4" stereo TRS output has selectable gain attenuation between 0dB and -6dB for greater volume control range on higher sensitivity headphones
• 1/4" stereo TRS output on full gain, 0dB attenuation setting has selectable output impedance between 8 ohm (Low setting) and 120 ohm (IEC setting)
• 1/4" stereo TRS outut on -6dB gain attenuation setting has selectable output impedance between 3 ohm (Low setting) and 115 ohm (IEC setting)
• Audio signal tubes are DC heated and 2A3 tubes include nulling pots for the quiestest noise floor
• Balanced choke-filtered 2A3 filament supplies provide a deep black background and outstanding layering
• Input selection via rear toggle switch
• TKD volume control potentiometer
• Tube complement:
6N1P input/driver tube
2A3 directly-heated power triodes
5U4G directly-heated rectifier tube
Input impedance: 50Kohms
Dimensions: 8.5 " H x 17" W x 14 " D (21.6cm H x 43.2cm W x 35.6cm D) including tubes and connectors & controls.
Mains voltage: 100/110/120/220/230/240V factory configurable
Amp, stock tubes, original box and packing.
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!