OFF - FOR SALE: REL Stentor III subwoofer
Item #649403062Info: REL Stentor III subwoofer
||Cash, Paypal, Money Order, Money Wire, Interac/EMT
Dec 30, 17 12:44pm (PST)
Edited: Apr 12, 18 7:08pm
[other classified ads]
526 See details
99.4% Positive Feedback
AVguy has a verified PayPal account.Verified in Canada
|Days in System:||120|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as OFF by seller and cannot be responded to. **
REL subwoofers are widely recognized as some of the best in the world as well as the most flexible, with a host of set-up options.
They are also go very deep in the bass response, but at the same time are very fast, and able to keep up with the the speed of electrostatic panels. So they're good for music as well as movies.
Stentor III features and specifications:
Reference class sub-bass system designed for use with very high quality stereo and multi-channel audio systems in larger rooms.
• True 300W (continuous) discrete, direct-coupled MOSFET amplifier
• Downward-firing long-throw 250mm (10") very heavy duty "Volt" driver, die-cast chassis
• Refined ABC® variable crossover adjustment in 24 musically correct semi-tone increments between 22Hz-106Hz.
• Acoustic Resistive Matrix (ARM) loading for smoother bass response
• Four position mode selector: line/LFE (0 degrees phase and 180 degrees phase)
• Totally discrete input circuitry for high and low level inputs
• Gas-tight Neutrik high level connection for long-term consistency
of sound quality
• High quality, panel-mounted twin phono inputs at 0dB and +12dB
• High and low level balanced inputs (Neutrik/XLR)
• Separate volume controls for high and low-level adjustment
• Simultaneous connection of high and low level sources
• Set-Safe® audibly transparent driver protection
• Balanced-bridge power supply
• Audiophile grade toroidal transformer
• 8x ultra-rugged output devices
• Double thickness, double-sided glass-fibre board with plated-through holes
• IEC power input socket – no captive leads for installation flexibility
• Hand-built in Great Britain
ARM loaded cabinet with ABC® semi-tone variable bass filter. 70 litre
Lower Frequency Response: In room -6dB: 11Hz
Amplifier Input Impedance: High level: 100K ohm, Low level: 10K ohm
Gain Control Range 80dB
Drive Unit Impedance 8 ohm
Dimensions Wx Hx D 650 x 580 x 450 mm/ 25.61 x 22.85 x 17.73 in. including feet and rear panel controls
Weight 55Kg/121.25 lbs.
So this REL Stentor III with its super-performing 10 inch woofer will put the normally sloppy 12, 15 and 18 inch woofers to shame.
The High Level hook-up with the supplied cables is the best way to do it. It's a little more complicated than just running a subwoofer cable into an RCA jack (which you can do with this sub) but it's not difficult to do and the manual explains the procedure.
This Stentor III is in good condition, but as with any subwoofer that weighs 55kg/121 pounds, it has picked-up a few dings and wear marks over the years. Most of these have been touched-up with a permanent black marker, in the time-honoured Audiophile tradition. ;-) You have to be up-close to see them.
There is some damage, but it is on the bottom, out-of-sight. It was dropped and dragged by FedEx (!?) during shipping a few years ago. So there is a crack in the wood near one foot...but it is testament to REL's build quality that this has has ZERO effect on its performance! So, you can't see it when it's standing in its normal position and you can't hear it either.
The Stentor IIIs rarely appear for sale on the used market, as the owners tend to keep them for a long time. Retail was $5300.00, but you can have this one for only $2100.00 Cdn (obro)
Local sale only, as shipping a subwoofer of this weight is hazardous! (not to mention expensive) if you're within a radius of 200 - 300 kilometers, it's worth it to drive here and pick it-up.
high level hook-up cables as shown. I have a pdf doc of the manual that I will send the buyer
Similar items you might be interested in
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!