Model: 2A3S-III Single Ended Triode Stereo Power Amplifier (MK3)
DESIGN NOTE : With James transformers stopped supplying HiFi transformers, we need to end the MK2 prematurely. And that gives us the opportunity to design/manufacture our own HiFi specs of transformers inhouse here in Canada, for the new 2A3S-III.
While we already mastered the design and made the 2A3S the best sounding 2A3 SET amp around the world, we hate to call it a new generation without a larger change. Some basic history - the MK1 was only sold hand-wired throughout, the MK2 is the same but put on PCB as we expanded our sales/production and safer shipping.
As we put the MK3 into production, rather than make it even better - there is no better, since we already mastered the sound/circuit on the MK1/2. There are a few more small items we can improve in terms of efficiency and streamlining. To begin the changes, since the size of the output transformers and choke transformer are enlarged, the big power supply ECAP no longer available has the space (some safety jurisdictions not approved anyway). This means that, we have to put it on to the PCB too. While we undergo the surgery, now we know the exact parts (the physical size of the parts what we really mean) we will be using, we can also refine the entire PCB better and more efficient... Here are the changes / updates:
1. Whole pre-amp/driver section redesigned - better locations (from input to exit)/channeling (flow one-way instead going point C then come back to point A...etc)/rearranged parts to shorten distance to max (that's mean minimized path and lowest possible interference)
2. Better isolation between pre-amp (input amp) stage TO power output stage to minimize cross-talk/interference/heat transfer...etc.
3. Better/reworked/beefed up grounding everywhere applied - Preamp stage, Power Output stage, Power Supply stage (we just know where to ground best to improve the quality of sound)
4. Power output section redesigned as well: better relocations, more venting, more spacing, better in every way...
5. Redesigned better power supply stage - multi-caps approach, centralized power supply section (now Choke and ECaps into one little section versus previous wired into different locations), rectifier tube socket now can uses chassis mounting type to minimize the chance in voltage leak, interference and better heat dissipation, we also added an extra fuse for further protection in case of inserting the 2A3 with wrong pins to minimize possible damage (happens quite often when we have a drink in our hands and the lighting is dim).
With all these updates and changes, we want something different to what is already considered the best.
IMG_4661 (2).jpg IMG_4663 (2).jpg IMG_4666 (2).jpg IMG_4670 (2).jpg Quick Specs: Rated Output : 3.5W + 3.5W Operation : Class A Autobias Speakers Outputs : 8 Ohms (16 Ohms as Options) Total Harmonic Distortion : Less than 1% at THD + N @ rated power Hum & Noise (A-Weight) : 80 db or better at rated output Frequency Response : 20 Hz to 20 Khz +/- 1 db Tubes: Output Tubes : 2A3 Matched Pair Preamp Tubes : 6SN7 Pair Rectifier Tubes : Thanks to our "Uni-Fy" Rectifier Stage Design, most rectifier tubes will work, except GZ37 and 5AU4 - warranty voided if used. Our reference / favourite are the 5V4 / GZ32 Parts : Triode Lab P-10 Output Transformers, 10W, Engineered for 2A3, M6 Material, Made in Canada Hammond Canada Choke and Power Transformers (CSA/UL/CE Compliance) Mundorf Silver Oil Caps CMC Gold RCA Furutech Gold AC Inlet Premium Gold Pins Tube Sockets / Insulated 5 Way Binding Posts / High spec Japanese ECAPS / Brand name resistors ...etc
Re: Triode-Labs 2A3S-MK3
Sorry! This ad does not allow guest replies. Please log in, or register to reply to this ad.