SOLD - FOR SALE: Marantz Mini Stack - 1090 integrated amp, 2100 tuner, 5010b cassette - Look V Good, Sound Good too
Item #649391089Info: Marantz Mini Stack - 1090 integrated amp, 2100 tuner, 5010b cassette - Look V Good, Sound Good too
||Cash, Money Order, Money Wire, Interac/EMT
Nov 08, 17 7:49pm (PST)
Edited: Dec 03, 17 6:42pm
Three Hills, AB
[other classified ads]
24 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||25|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Sold for 600 pickup my door
Classic Marantz - late 70s I believe
3 piece set - not interested in separating at this time, although maybe later
This set demonstrates the value and desireability of vintage Marantz. Well built with good materials, real metal and lots of ot it, solid and very nice to use, sound and performance very good especially for unrestored vintage pieces. And really good looking. Im a Sansui fan - and for a black set I really like the mid to late Sansui look and build quality. But for silver - the Marantz are right up there, for me and obviously many others.
I don't know history of these - but possibly they travelled together. Certainly are well matched and close in age.
Note that in these photos no attempt to polish or "detail" them has been done - cosmetics they have more to give. But as you can see - no significant scratches or gouges.
Amp - 1090 Integrated
- 45 watts which is enough to run a lot of speakers
- faceplate and knobs v good
- some little dark spots on the face - should come off with appropriate cleaner or polish. have to be careful not to lift the lettering which I think is silkscreened, maybe decals?...I tried a little with alcohol and did some good but more needs be done, Photo here before I touched
- cosmetics would be pushing an 8 if little spots cleaned off
- all knobs and funcitons working as should
- no scratchy knobs
- as with any vintage piece, would recommend a service and tune by competent tech - but works v well and useable right now
- nice 3 band eq with defeat
- sound? not a $1000 amp, but really decent for the $300-400 value here in the package. Runs my fairly fussy Ditton 551 speakers quite well, and also sounds good on Technics SB6000. Bass has some drive and digs down low. Compared it to couple of vintage NAD amps recently, as well as a minty newer Sony TA-F555ES with 100 watts. Stood up very well to all of them and maybe sounded the best actually.
- tested most of the inputs including phono = working. Phone useable quality.
Tuner - 2100
- cosmetics 7.5 maybe an 8 out of 10, as compared to several other unrestored examples
- faceplate and knobs all v good
- has the classic "flywheel" tuning wheel - classy, heavy, good feel - makes the crappy digital push buttons feel like - well, crap. Its the Analog Advantage....
- best part is that the sound and sensitivity of this tuner are real good - compares favorably to my $450 Sansui 717 and 719 tuners
- sensitivity in particular is much better than a lot ot tuners I have or have had...I can tell as I'm 100 km from FM stations, and use a $5 "T wire" for an antanae
- the other best part is the looks - wow, the red and blue is really nice - I tjhink all the lights are working, and there are quite a few
- needs spacers/washers about 1/8 in thick under the feet - as is the faceplate wont clear the one below it
Cassette Deck - 5010b
- 1978 - $270 US msrp when new
- cosmetics also 7.5 maybe 8
- working, and v nicely
- and even better, it sounds good! I am surprised how good actually. Plays ancient factory prerecorded Type 1 tapes rather well - useable quality. Havent tried recording, but one would hope could make some even better sounding tapes.
- user selectable bias for recording, as well as selectable EQ for proper playback - EQ definitely works
- no metal tape capability, but 3 other types - normal Type 1, chrome, and chrome ferric whatever that is
- Dolby B
- all knobs and controls have a very nice solid feel to them and are working well
- great looker with lots of red and blue lights - excellent mate to the tuner
- real analog meters and they work
Will ship if necessary. Probably 3 boxes for best survivability.
Can deliver for free to Calgary or Red Deer, on my schedule. Edmonton maybe as well, but could be awhile.
Email or call/
removed phone number for privacy ...not after 9 pm Mountain please
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!