OFF - FOR SALE: Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse with femto clock, black
Item #649380488Info: Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse with femto clock, black
||8 - Very good (?)
Sep 21, 17 7:41pm (PST)
Edited: Oct 07, 17 9:50am
||wyred 4 Sound
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as OFF by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Wyred 4 Sound is well known to many audiophiles as a company that builds quality high end audio products at reasonable prices. The company was started in in 2007 by E. J. Sarmento who previously worked at Cullen Circuits. The company has grown from its initial offering of the 200s amplifier to a complete line of preamps, power amps, DACs, and music servers.
I am offering for sale this stunningly accurate and smooth fully balanced DAC with pre-amp, remote, and HT bypass. You would be hard pressed to find better sounding DAC at any price.
Selling to fund my HT upgrade.
Original price was US$ 2549 (~3210 CAD + delivery and import duties)
SE version is based on already very good DAC-2 with a number of upgraded components.
To list just a few:
- upgraded power supply
- Furutech rhodium plated ceramic fuse
- Custom 0.1% Vishay Z-Foil resistors in 20 locations on the analog board replacing the 1% Dale resistors
- Ultra-fast recovery Schottkey diodes
- premium grade inductors
- new regulator design offered in the se is 100+ times quieter and faster than the DAC-2 stock regulator
- 82fSec Femto clock
Summary of Design Features
- An Asynchronous USB input that supports up to 32bit / 384 kHz and DSD64 / DSD128 with galvanically isolated I²S to reduce computer noise from interfering with the audio signal
- ESS 32 bit DAC (ES9018) 8 channel in quad-differential mode
- A defeatable 32 bit volume control (Setting the volume control to maximum or “Fixed” results in no loss of bits. The volume control is implemented in the ESS chip.)
- Remote Control including power, dim, HT, volume, input, balance, and phase inversion
- Upgradable Digital, Output, and USB boards
- A power supply with an oversized toroid transformer with 115,000uf of capacitance (custom low ESR capacitors), 3 stages of filtering and 2 newly designed discrete regulators
- Choice of 4 filters and 2 choices of roll-off-slope (These are the stock filters provided with the ESS Sabre)
- The clock technology used is an audio grade Cystek clock with less than 0.5ps of jitter
There are very minor cosmetic imperfections on one side,
which you probably would not notice if I do not specifically draw your attention to it.
Otherwise the DAC is in excellent working condition. I am the second owner of the unit.
Audition is available.
Prefer pick up in Milton, but it can be shipped at buyer's expense within Canada.
Cash or EMT.
Please check these reviews for details:
Power cord, USB cable, remote, manual, CD, original box
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!