FOR SALE: Pioneer A-70 Integrated Amp and matching F-90 Tuner - 120 watts - Looks and Sounds Good - Boxes
Item #649378786Info: Pioneer A-70 Integrated Amp and matching F-90 Tuner - 120 watts - Looks and Sounds Good - Boxes
||Cash, Paypal, Money Order, Interac/EMT
Sep 13, 17 11:55am (PST)
Edited: Sep 14, 17 5:36pm
Three Hills, AB
[other classified ads]
23 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||40|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
Quite a nice set - amp works well and sounds pretty good. Tuner works and is useable, but couple deficiencies.
Nice looking set.
Good value for 120 watt amp.
Circa 1983 - Some folks consider it a rare amp - could be.
Note - there is another Pioneer A-70 that comes up when googling about - much more expensive than this one, also silver, but different knobs and stuff.
- well built amp with some weight to it - not like the later stuff that claim high power (100 watts plus ) but have no weight to them
- cosmetics good - strong 7.5 out of 10 for condition, as compared to a few other unrestored sets. Some minor scratches at bottom on faceplate. Not cleaned up for these photos.
- All light seem working including power meter
- Plays loud and clear and sounds quite good - better than the $300 as valued here actually
- no obvious switch or knob scratchiness
- havent yet tested phono stage - supposed to be pretty good - both mm and mc
- faceplate good
- some staining on top of case which i havent tried to clean up
- top row of station presets not working
- pushbutton switches seem a bit sticky as in time to be cleaned and lubed
- works and is useable, but cant say I was overwhelmed with sound quality or sensitivity - I live 100 km from FM stations and use a $3 "T wire" - antanae - so I notice sensitivity more than if was living in city
Factory boxes with original foams for both pieces.
Sound? Good for the money. Very useable. Not sure its as good as a couple of my $500 amps - but maybe. Probably not as good as a strong Sansui Au-717/719, and def not as good as my $1500 and up stuff - surprised?
Price? Fair I would say - an amp alone on Feebay now for $499 Australian - which is v close to Canadian $ in value at moment.
Option of Interest - $200 additional for a set of Pioneer S-710 speakers that this set came with - need woofers refoamed. Stuff came to me with 4 (four) Pioneer S-710 speakers - really nice cosmetics but all need woofer foams. Factory boxes. Will be asking $250 for a pair as is - probably $400-450 if I get them refoamed, depending how good they sound. See my seperate ad on speakers for a bit more detail.
Can ship.Factory boxes help.
Can also deliver for free to Calgary or Red Deer, on my schedule. Edmonton maybe too, for gas money.
Email or cell/text 403-443-3229 not after 9 pm mountain please
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!