FOR SALE: Pioneer A-70 Integrated Amp - 120 watts - Early 80s - Looks and Sounds Good - Factory Box
Item #649378786Info: Pioneer A-70 Integrated Amp - 120 watts - Early 80s - Looks and Sounds Good - Factory Box
||Cash, Money Order, Money Wire, Interac/EMT
Jun 16, 18 9:12am (PST)
Three Hills, AB
[other classified ads]
26 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||35|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
Nov 8 - sold the tuner. Amp only now.
Nice looking piece.
Good value for 120 watt amp.
Circa 1983 - Some folks consider it a rare amp - could be.
Note - there is another Pioneer A-70 that comes up when googling about - much more expensive than this one, also silver, but different knobs and stuff.
- well built amp with some weight to it - not like the later stuff that claim high power (100 watts plus ) but have no weight to them
- cosmetics good - strong 7.5 out of 10 for condition, as compared to a few other unrestored sets. Some minor scratches at bottom on faceplate. Not cleaned up for these photos.
- All light seem working including power meter
- Plays loud and clear and sounds quite good - better than the $300 as valued here actually
- no obvious switch or knob scratchiness
- havent yet tested phono stage - supposed to be pretty good - both mm and mc
As with any vintage piece - a service by competent vintage tech is recommended, but is ueasble as is.
Factory box with original foams.
Sound? Good for the money. Very useable. Not sure its as good as a couple of my $500 amps - but maybe. Probably not as good as a strong Sansui Au-717/719, and def not as good as my $1500 and up stuff - surprised?
Price? Fair I would say - an amp on Feebay recently for $499 Australian - which is v close to Canadian $ in value at moment.
Option of Interest - $200 additional for a set of Pioneer S-710 speakers that this set came with - need woofers refoamed. Stuff came to me with 4 (four) Pioneer S-710 speakers - really nice cosmetics but all need woofer foams. Factory boxes. Will be asking $250 for a pair as is - probably $400-450 if I get them refoamed, depending how good they sound. See my seperate ad on speakers for a bit more detail.
Can ship.Factory box helps.
No refunds or returns.
Can also deliver for free to Calgary or Red Deer, on my schedule. Edmonton maybe too, for gas money.
Email or cell/text 403-443-3229 not after 9 pm mountain please
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!