SOLD - FOR SALE: Altmann BYOB (Bring Your Own Battery) amplifier and DAC
Item #649371447Info: Altmann BYOB (Bring Your Own Battery) amplifier and DAC
||Cash, Paypal, Money Order, Money Wire, Interac/EMT
||7 - Good (?)
Aug 06, 17 11:43am (PST)
Edited: Sep 15, 17 10:57am
[other classified ads]
544 See details
99.5% Positive Feedback
AVguy has a verified PayPal account.Verified in Canada
|Days in System:||40|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Altmann Audio of Germany has been around since 1994 (22 years) making great-sounding audio components based on battery power, off-the-grid stuff that sounds excellent because things automatically sound better once you get rid of power fluctuations and noise coming out of the wall socket.
They also pay attention to materials used for best sound and anti-vibration qualities. Thus the "Mother Of Tone"designation on the website. There is a special section on the website that addresses the benefits of using natural materials, and why he uses spruce wood in his designs.
Altmann BYOB (Bring Your Own Battery) makes a power amplifier, a DAC and a phono stage, among other things. Use the link provided above to read about Altmann offerings and design principles.
Regardless of its humble appearance, this is a very unique and superb-sounding little amplifier. I have heard one driving a giant pair of Vitavox Klipschorns and a pair of Von Schweikert VR6s and it does a great job. It has its own volume control, so all you have to do is run your source component interconnects to the inputs on the amp and you're ready to go. I have included three photos from the Altmann website that show how they have used the BYOB amp. (headphones as well as the big Cabasse speakers from France)
Features of the BYOB amp:
- 2 x 10 Watts of Power into 8 Ohm or 2 x 20 Watts into 4 Ohm or even more into 2 Ohm.
- Wima coupling caps.
- Volume control with upgraded spruce knob.
- Blue LED indicates operation and charge status of battery (bright with full battery, off below 10 Volts battery voltage.
- Power switch and 10 Amps fuse.
- Gold plated connectors for input (RCA) and output (banana / cable).
- Polarity proof power connector.
- Specially treated spruce-board from sustainably managed forests.
- Made in Germany
- Conforming to the Vibration & Character chapter the BYOB amplifier has no enclosure, and thus no enclosure resonances. If you knock on it, you won't hear trashy sounds. Just the musical sound of a solid spruce board, that is lacquered with natural wood resin.
- The circuit board is small in relation to the spruce board and it is tightly fixed flat on the board, so it cannot vibrate in its own fashion, but is connected to vibrate with the - Mother of Tone - character of the lacquered spruce board.
- Board sits on 3 lacquered spruce feet.
- The power source is a single 12V car battery sporting independence from noisy mains current and HF rectifier bursts, as explained in the Air and Current chapter.
- All connectors directly soldered to the circuit board -> no cable / wiring effects.
This Altmann package is complete, including the cables and connectors, and it has the optional spruce volume control knob. All that's required is to hook it-up to the 12 volt battery of your choice.
Altmann Attraction D/A converter - details available through the link provided at the top of the ad.
Regardless of its humble appearance, this is a very unique and superb-sounding d/a converter that is designed to be battery-powered/ off-the-grid, as that is the best way NOT to be victimized by noise in the hydro system. Battery power is clean and steady...and therefore provides the best sound. In this basic 44/16 version of Altmann's DAC, an excellent quality DAC chip is accompanied by their JISCO anti-jitter technology.
These Altmann components were originally worth over $10000.00, but you can have the pair for only $1500.00. If you want to separate them, we'll talk.
If you're serious about getting "off the grid" you should get a serious battery and good charger. I have a Kinetik HC16V (12 and 16 volt) racing battery and XS Power PCS15 Intelligent battery charger. They are only a year old, they still look new and are worth over $550.00 US/$695.00 Cdn. You can have them for only $400.00 Cdn
EMail Transfer preferred, or Bank Money Order or direct deposit. If buyer wants PayPal, buyer pays fee.
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!