SOLD - FOR SALE: SALE PENDING *** Rogue Tempest III (Magnum) Tube Integrated Amp with Premium Tubes
Item #649354880Info: SALE PENDING *** Rogue Tempest III (Magnum) Tube Integrated Amp with Premium Tubes
||Cash, Paypal, Money Wire
||75.00 (kg) Calculate Shipping
||8 - Very good (?)
May 14, 17 4:51pm (PST)
Edited: May 27, 17 6:36am
[other classified ads]
||TempestTempest III Super Magnum
164 See details
100% Positive Feedback
Digital Don has a verified PayPal account.Verified in Canada
|Days in System:||13|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
For sale Rogue Tempest 3 Magnum with both black and silver faceplates (black installed). This is one of the best sounding, best built and most versatile tube amps I have had. 90+ watts in ultralinear and 45+ in Single Ended Triode (I preferred the SET mode, but UL was good to add a bit more jump for rock and Fusion music.
This amp is not a Conrad Johnson kind of tube amp nor an ultra linear solid state sounding amp. Its more of a balance – right in the middle. Rich smooth mids and high end with weighty full round bass sounded good on all kinds of music.
This is an incredibly feature rich amp including:
- Black and Silver face plate ($150 value)
- Massive high storage power supply
- Rogue Magnum upgrade (better capacitors, power supply, wiring, other) - $700 upgrade
- Configured to take KT120 tubes for more output (included)
- 4 and 8 ohm output taps (inside – illustrated)
- Can switch between SET and UL while in play
- Bias meter with individual settings for 4 output tubes (do not have to buy matched tubes)
- Soft start up to warm up tubes (1 minute delay)
- Switch between passive preamp (bit more natural sound) and active (bit more jump)
- Headphone plug on front
- Preamp by pass to use power amp only
- 6 inputs
- Alps volume and Noble balance control
- Heavy-duty gold plated RCA connectors
- Heavy-duty gold plated binding posts
- Ultra-wide bandwith output transformers
- Active outputs for subwoofer or biamping
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- Metal remote volume control
- Entirely designed and built in the USA
The Rogue sounds like a tube amp, but it drives like a solid state; in that it is the most hassle free tube amp I have owned. Very flexible in tubes it will take, holds bias, never blew a fuse, easy on tubes….turn it on, play it.
It is with regret that I am selling this amp because it has been such a great piece of equipment at the heart of my audio system for over 4 years (which is a long time for me). I had at least 6 amps in the house since I got the Rogue and they all came and went but the Rogue stayed… because it was just the best balance of all of them. Why sell then? I just moved and my new house has a much bigger audio. In the old house, I listened in SET mode; and with 87 db speakers the amp is just working too hard in the new room to sound as good as it should. Plus the room has some surface challenges (hard plaster, hardwood floor, glass, stone fireplace), so I’ve had to cross over to the dark side – solid state to compensate for the room.
The amp has just been returned from a check up at Dan Santoni’s, the tube guru of Southern Ontario; where it was blessed with a clean bill of health.
Unlike (almost) everyone else who sells their amps with “original tubes”, which are usually mediocre; I have included premium tubes with this amp; that I have listened to and enjoyed, because I want the buyer to enjoy this amp right out of the box. It comes with 4 almost new (Tubestore) matched set Tung Sol KT120s (to take advantage of the Magnum feature) plus 3 spare Tung Sol KT120s (bit older but test strong), 2 NOS (new) in box 1950’s Green Label Sylvania 6SN7s, 2 premium Tungsol halo mica 6SN7s (currently installed), 2 Philips Bugle Boy 12AX7 (currently installed), 2 Full Music (NIB) 12AX7s, plus the “original” JJ12AX7s (ok but not brilliant). The extra tube have a value of over $750 new. I have also used Gold Lion KT88s in the amp (I prefer the KT120) which are available in a separate ad for $200; but can be bundled in for $150 extra.
I’m valuing the amp at $1900 and the tubes at $300; so at my list price of $2200, this is a good deal; no haggling please.
The amp is securely encased in foam and shipped in a stiff cardboard shipping container, so although heavy (75 pounds) no worries about shipping. I am also able to do a drop off on the 410/403 corridor between London and Toronto or close vicinity to London or GTA.
Interac or cash preferred, PayPal ok. Buyer pays for PayPal fees, shipping and insurance
• output power: 90WPC minimum
• THD: <0.1% typ., <1% at rated power
• frequency response:
• 20Hz - 20KHz at peak output,
• 10Hz - 100KHz at 10 watts
• input sensitivity: 1.0V RMS
• dimensions: 18" W x 15¾" D x 7" H
• weight: 65 lbs.
• shipping weight: 75 lbs including tubes and extra faeplate
• power requirements: 120V/240V - 50/60Hz
Amp, extra faceplate, extra tubes (see above), extra fuses, bias screw driver, meal remote, manual
Similar items you might be interested in
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!