FOR SALE: Aragon 2004 dual mono amplifier, with upgrades
Item #649333911Info: Aragon 2004 dual mono amplifier, with upgrades
||Cash, Paypal, Money Order, Money Wire, Interac/EMT
||7 - Good (?)
Feb 15, 17 8:17pm
Edited: Feb 16, 17 9:56am
[other classified ads]
405 See details
99.3% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||6|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
The made-in-the-USA Aragon amps are very well-known as high quality without the high price. They were designed by Dan D'Agostino of Krell fame. In the used market, they are a great value for relatively low prices. You'll find lots of good comments about the amps for sale here on-line. Use the link above to access a webpage about the 2004 amp and an Owners Manual.
The 2004 is a dual mono amplifier that provides 100 high current watts per channel at 8 ohms and 200 watts at 4 ohms.
This amp is in very good condition functionally and cosmetically and it works flawlessly.
In fact, this amp has received numerous upgrades, to replace parts in areas that were compromised by the target price point at the time. The upgrades were done by Glenn Dollick ex-Sonic Frontiers and Parts Connexion repairs/upgrades guy. I have also attached three pictures of a 2004 that has not had the upgrades;(photos with black and white tile in background) you can see many of the upgraded and added parts in te other photos.
- new better quality RCA jacks and binding posts
- input signal wires replaced with DH Labs and Kimber wire
- PRP resistors, four per channel
- power supply signal caps - Nichikon ES
- power supply output filter caps, Solen film by-pass caps
- two HiFi Tuning fuses on power supply board
- HiFi Tuning fuse in the Mains fuse position
- excessively long AC primary wires have been replaced with shorter and higher quality NeoTech solid core wire
- sound dampening materials applied to the power supply board, chassis and top cover
All these improvements make this amp sound far better than the MkII models!!
That's easily $500.00 worth of upgrades....and this amp sounds wonderful. It will wipe the floor with amps that cost three and four times as much.
You can have it for only $750.00.
email transfer preferred, or Bank Draft/Money Order. If buyer wants PayPal, buyer pays fee.
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!