EXPIRED - FOR SALE: New handcrafted Open Harmony LX power cord (limited extended edition)
Item #649278508Info: New handcrafted Open Harmony LX power cord (limited extended edition)
||Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Interac/EMT
||0.68 (kg) Calculate Shipping
||38.10cm x 27.94cm x 5.08cm
||11 - New (?)
Dec 09, 17 5:59am (PST)
Edited: Dec 23, 17 12:13pm
[other classified ads]
68 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||30|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
After a pause of a few years, I have decided to return to my favorite hobby: audio. If you are looking for high value power cords, you are at the right place. What matters is quality, not quantity:
• Copper used is C10100 OFC 99.99% copper with 101 IACS, next best after OCC Copper (102 IACS) and silver (105-106 IACS)
• Wires are insulated with premium quality insulation with exemplary electric qualities and very low dielectric constant. If you are looking for performance, please avoid PVC (PVC has a poor dielectric constant varying from 3.5 to over 8 and displays high attenuation and capacitance loss, meaning that power is lost when used in an electrical system)
• Electrical conductivity not only matters for the wires but also for the terminations. Here is a chart showing some metal conductivity:
Material IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard)
Ranking Metal % Conductivity*
1 Silver (Pure) 105-106%
2 Copper 100%
3 Gold (Pure) 70%
4 Aluminum 61%
5 Rhodium 38%
6 Brass 28%
7 Zinc 27%
8 Nickel 22%
9 Iron (Pure) 17%
10 Tin 15%
11 Phosphor Bronze 15%
* Conductivity ratings are expressed as a relative measurement to copper. Remarks: conductivity of copper alloys like brass and phosphor bronze varies according to the grades but none of them exceeds 50% of the conductivity of copper.
Prior to making recommendations, tell me about your audio system, the component for which you want a new cord and the important audio aspects you would like to improve in a prioritized order. Customer satisfaction is a PRIORITY. If you are not fully satisfied, return the product(s) within the 30 days to get a full refund (except return shipping costs). Custom lengths available on request
New Open Harmony LX Power Cord: wide frequency range, resolution, detail, bass extension and musicality
($125 for a 6’ length; custom lengths available +/- $12 per foot)
I'm very pleased to present you my Open Harmony LX power cord which was inspired from a relationship with a Swiss cable designer over the last year. This 100% shielded power cord delivers a detailed, precise and extended sound. The larger bandwidth allows better linearity at extreme frequencies and a flatter response. This power cord is more oriented toward focus and precision than body and fullness. It is more suited for front end components and subwoofers. On front end components, It gives the best results when partnered with smooth and fluid power cords like Open Melody LH or some Cardas power cords.
The Open Harmony LX cord is handmade and 100% shielded to block RFIs and EMIs while keeping the openness and airiness of unshielded power cords. It is built using highly conductive conductors and terminations. To give a darker background, the power cord is 100% shielded with 2 layers of aluminum foil. To further improve the frequency response and resolution, it is terminated with a pure OCC copper power plug with a direct silver-plated lead (+) blade. The direct silver-plated blade brings a more open, extended and smoother top end. The result is a power cord with good precision, detail, tonal accuracy and linearity at extreme frequencies. Like the other power cords in the Open family, it delivers an open and deep soundstage which will exceed the boundaries of your loudspeakers. Used on front end components, it gives its best when partnered with a smooth, fluid power cord with enough body and fullness like the Open Melody LH or some Cardas power cords.
The Open Harmony LX cord is built around a 14/5 cable perfectly matched with a single crystal continuous cast copper (cryo -126) Copper Color power with direct silver-plated lead (+) blade and a red copper (cryo -196) Sonarquest (transparent) IEC. It is covered with a black nylon braid sleeving jacket.
The Open Harmony LX power cord features:
- 14/5 cord (14 awg x 5 conductors)
- 100% shielded with double aluminum foil
- Made in USA OFC 99.99% C10100 copper (101 IACS)
- Premium insulation with very low dielectric constant (2.25)
- UL and CSA approved. ; Double runs of 25 amperes wires both on lead (+) and neural (-); Voltage rating: 600 volts RMS
- Single crystal continuous cast copper (99.999%, cryo-126) Copper Color OCC-126 power plug with direct silver-plated lead (+) blade
- Red copper (99.999%, cryo-196) Sonarquest (transparent) IEC
- Black nylon braid sleeving
- All contacts are waxed to prevent oxidation
Remark: Considering the recent price increase of high grade copper (over 26% in the last 12 months) and the low price I am asking, I recommend trying this power cord while it is still affordable.
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!