EXPIRED - FOR SALE: New handcrafted Open Melody LH power cord (limited hybrid edition)
Item #649262299Info: New handcrafted Open Melody LH power cord (limited hybrid edition)
||Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Interac/EMT
||0.54 (kg) Calculate Shipping
||38.10cm x 25.40cm x 5.08cm
||11 - New (?)
Dec 09, 17 5:34am (PST)
Edited: Dec 23, 17 12:13pm
[other classified ads]
68 See details
100% Positive Feedback
|Days in System:||30|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
After a pause of a few years, I have decided to return to my favorite hobby: audio. If you are looking for high value power cords, you are at the right place. What matters is quality, not quantity:
• Copper used is C10100 OFC 99.99% copper with 101 IACS, next best after OCC Copper (102 IACS) and silver (105-106 IACS)
• Wires are insulated with premium quality insulation with exemplary electric qualities and very low dielectric constant. If you are looking for performance, please avoid PVC (PVC has a poor dielectric constant varying from 3.5 to over 8 and displays high attenuation and capacitance loss, meaning that power is lost when used in an electrical system)
• Electrical conductivity not only matters for the wires but also for the terminations. Here is a chart showing some metal conductivity:
Material IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard)
Ranking Metal % Conductivity*
1 Silver (Pure) 105-106%
2 Copper 100%
3 Gold (Pure) 70%
4 Aluminum 61%
5 Rhodium 38%
6 Brass 28%
7 Zinc 27%
8 Nickel 22%
9 Iron (Pure) 17%
10 Tin 15%
11 Phosphor Bronze 15%
* Conductivity ratings are expressed as a relative measurement to copper. Remarks: conductivity of copper alloys like brass and phosphor bronze varies according to the grades but none of them exceeds 50% of the conductivity of copper.
Prior to making recommendations, tell me about your audio system, the component for which you want a new cord and the important audio aspects you would like to improve in a prioritized order. Customer satisfaction is a PRIORITY. If you are not fully satisfied, return the product(s) within the 30 days to get a full refund (except return shipping costs). Custom lengths available on request
Open Melody LH Power Cord: Openness, airiness, fluidity, detail and musicality
($105 for a 6’ length ; custom lengths available +/- $8 per foot)
I'm very pleased to present you my Open Melody LH power cord which was inspired from a relationship with a Swiss cable designer over the last year. This power cord combines the cleanness and dark background of shielded power cords with the flexibility, openness and transparency of unshielded power cords.
The Open Melody LH cord is handmade and partially shielded to block RFIs and EMIs while keeping the openness and transparency of unshielded power cords. It is built using highly conductive conductors (high purity OFC copper) and terminations (99.999% copper CRYO-196). To further improve the sound, it features an aluminum shell power plug with direct silver-plated neutral (-) or lead (+) blade. The aluminum shell blocks EMIs and RFIs giving a cleaner and darker background while the direct silver-plated blade brings a more open, extended and smoother top end. With the right amount of shielding and the aluminum shell power plug, it is both clean and airy.
The Open Melody LH power cord is a well balanced, fluid, full, yet extended, detailed, yet refined and musical power cord. Like the other power cords in the Open family, it delivers a large and deep soundstage which will exceed the boundaries of your loudspeakers. Its good balance of neutrality, fluidity and smoothness makes it highly compatible with most preamps, integrates and standalone power amps. I have clients owning both tube and solid state gear who are being very pleased with it. In Switzerland, it was compared with more expensive power cords and the performance was on par with the better of them costing 10 times the price (800 Euros/$1200 CAD).
The Melody LH cord is built around a 12/3 cable perfectly matched with a red copper (cryo -196) Sonarquest (transparent) power plug with aluminum shell and with direct silver-plated neutral (-) blade, and a red copper (cryo -196) Sonarquest IEC. It is covered with a black nylon braid sleeving jacket.
The Melody LH power cord features:
- 12/3 cord (12 awg x 3 conductors) partially shielded
- Made in USA OFC 99.99% C10100 copper (101 IACS)
- Premium insulation with very low dielectric constant (2.25)
- UL and CSA approved. ; 30 amperes/conductor; Voltage rating: 600 volts RMS
- Pure red copper (OFC 99.999%, cryo-196) Sonarquest (transparent) aluminum shell power plug with direct silver-plated neutral (-) blade
- Pure red copper (OFC 99.999%, cryo-196) Sonarquest IEC
- Black nylon braid sleeving
Remarks: this power cord is available in 2 versions at the same price:
- One partially shielded (mix of aluminum foil + cotton) with aluminum shell power plug and silver-plated neutral (-) blade (best for solid state preamps and integrates)
- One 100% shielded (double layer of aluminum foil) with regular shell power plug and silver-plated lead (+) blade (best for power amps and tube preamps or integrates)
Considering the recent price increase of high grade copper (over 26% in the last 12 months) and the low price I am asking, I recommend trying this power cord while it is still affordable.
Dec 20, 17 4:38am
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!