SOLD - DEALER AD: Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Preamplifier
Item #649252381Info: Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Preamplifier
|Days in System:||14|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Cambridge Audio 651P phono preamplifier (retail price $299, AudioW3 price $229.95 with shipping free (Canada), quantity limited, black).
Most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono pre-amp) to make the very small signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why the Cambridge Audio audio-obsessed engineers carefully designed the 651P using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it or introducing noise. They've fine-tuned every element to perfect the performance, creating a state-of-the-art phono pre-amp.
In fact, the 651P does its job with such finesse that, even if your amplifier does have a built-in phono stage, it's well worth bypassing it, bypassing it using the 651P is guaranteed to deliver much greater depth and detail of audio. Vinyl lovers will instantly hear the difference that the dedicated 651P makes to music quality.
The 651P works with all whichever type of cartridge they use turntables (moving-coil or moving-magnet cartridges)
- Phono pre-amplifier with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) input stages
- Discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Single-ended Class A gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalisation
- Multi-parallel capacitors to achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy of only 0.3dB up to 50kHz
- Defeatable subsonic filter to eliminate very low frequency rumble, caused by vinyl imperfections
- Acoustically damped full metal chassis with thick brushed aluminium front panel
- Max power consumption: 5W
- Gain @ 1kHz: 39dB (MM) / 55dB (MC)
- Input impedance: 47kOhm (MM) / 100Ohm (MC)
- Input capacitance: 220pF
- Nominal output: 300mV
- Sensitivity for nominal output: 3.35mV (MM) / 0.5mV (MC)
- Overload margin: >30dB
- THD 20Hz - 20kHz: <0.005% (MM) / <0.002% (MC)
- RIAA curve accuracy: < +/-0.3dB 20Hz-50kHz (subsonic filter off)
- Signal to noise ratio: >86dB (MM) / >72dB (MC)
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz: >83dB (MM) / >69dB (MC)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 46 x 215 x 133mm / 1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2''
- Weight: 0.9Kg / 2.0lbs
Similar items you might be interested in
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!