SOLD - FOR SALE or TRADE: Supratek Chenin Preamp with phono stage
Item #649033981Info: Supratek Chenin Preamp with phono stage
||Cash, Paypal, Interac/EMT
Dec 18, 12 4:45pm
Edited: Mar 29, 13 4:37pm
[other classified ads]
|Days in System:||735253|
Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
Supratek Chenin for sale in very good condition. There are scuffs and small marks on the stainless steel surfaces but nothing really obvious unless you look hard, overall it is a stunning looking preamp. This preamp was sent out for modification by the prior owner with the installation of Russian oil filled capacitors, silver diodes, cardas rca jacks and a motor run capacitor in the power supply (total cost was close to $1000). When I received the preamp there was a buzz that was evident in one channel, and after a visit to Dan Santoni at DTS Audio it works great and sounds fantastic. The preamp has a terrific phono stage (for both MC and MM) and is also equipped with a remote to change the volume. It also has a Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage'CryoSilver Reference umbilical cord (current retail is $399) and I will also include the original unshielded cord. The tubes have also been upgraded to better quality and sounding NOS tubes and I will also include most of the original tubes that were supplied when the Supratek was new. You can read the reviews about this preamp on the internet (it is very highly thought of). Current price of the Chenin from Supratek in Australia is $3500 plus shipping, duties and taxes. Prefer local pickup as I do not have the original shipping boxes. Would consider trade for solid state preamp.
Features of the CHENIN are:
- Moving Coil Phono Stage capable of utilising cartridges with output voltages as low as 0.2 mV and up to 4.0mV
- Cartridge Impedance selection (10,100,100,47000 ohms ) - back panel mounted.
- Fet /tube phono input for high amplification/low noise.
- 4 Inputs(including phono) 2 outputs standard.
- Separate Matching Power Supply with detachable cord.
- Separate Tube Regulator for each channel using 5881/6L6GC tubes.
- 6SN7 line stage with adjustable gain from 0-30dB
- Solid Jarrah Wood cabinet, high quality Chrome Plated chassis, both computer formed and finished to craftsman quality.
- Tape Monitor, (for direct phono out)
- Transformer Coupled Output Stage
- Low Output Impedance- able to drive any power amplifier, Tube or Solid State
- Remote Volume
Similar items you might be interested in
Canuck Audio Mart is FREE!