Sponsored post - log in to remove this ad.
** This Ad is Marked as SOLD by seller and cannot be responded to. **
sale pending - see my other ads - thank you!
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY AND SEE PICTURES BEFORE SENDING EMAIL.
This is my last SX-980, one of the best Pioneers from my collection.
MONSTER THAT LOOKS, SOUNDS AND WORKS LIKE NEW.
Works to original Pioneer specification.
BEST POSSIBLE QUALITY - READY FOR AUDITION.
Never repaired, all original transistors.
Makes for a great gift.
Weighs 42 lbs; 21 x 7 x 17 "
This powerhouse is conservatively rated at 80 WPC RMS at below 0.05% THD
Actual power is close to 100 Watts per channel.
SX-980 is one of the best audiophile quality vintage receivers, up there with very best from Marantz, Sansui and Luxman.
Sound is amazingly beautiful.
Buyer will also get owner's manual, schematics and service manual in .pdf - just ask.
Restoration work done (7 hrs x $60/hr = $420, if you do this at commercial shop):
* All controls, relay and tuner bearings cleaned, deoxidized and lubed with Electrosolve /Deoxit D5 / Deoxit F5
* Lamps replaced as appropriate
* DC offset and bias voltages adjusted, 0 mV and 30 mV respectively; L/R
* All new matching high quality capacitors in power supply board (see picture)
* New audiophile grade filter capacitors installed (big blue in picture)
* Power amp boards and power supply boards re-soldered to eliminate cold solder joints
I have owner's manual, service manual and schematics for this model in .pdf format.
SX-980 comes with quadruple tone controls with tone defeat, high and low filters, mic input and headphones output, loudness switch, -20dB switch, and can be used as separate preamp or power amp.
SEND YOUR PHONE# AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT TO PAY WHEN READY TO BUY.
Tire kickers and junk buyers need not apply - this is NOT one of those nearly dead Pioneers out there.
Shipping costs are fixed at $49 in Ontario/Quebec and $63 to the rest of Canada, except Northwest territories. Xpresspost will cost more. Local pickup preferred.
Everything is exactly as described, and buyer assumes all risks of shipping - shipping insurance is the only recourse.
Payment options in Canada:
- Cash on pickup, Ottawa area
- Interac(E-mail money transfer) - shipped in 3 days
- PayPal e-Check - will ship once the funds clear
- Canada Post money order - shipped in 5 days
Please note that due to a few rotten apples out there I do not accept C.O.D. or checks or credit cards, or credit cards via PayPal, to avoid fraud.
Interac e-Transfer preferred, as the most reliable, secure, cheapest and fastest way to pay:
Shipping to USA: PayPal e-Check to confirmed address only; or pink USPS International money order (10-day shipping); or Western Union, or cash via registered airmail (3-day shipping). Example of shipping costs to LA, California: USD $112.
Will pack well with styrofoam and ship using Canada Post - insured with a tracking number.
See my other ads, my profile and my feedback and buy with confidence - Thank you!